A loved one’s passing due to someone else’s neglectful actions likely means you are looking for a wrongful death lawyer Las Vegas, NV recommends. When this is the case, you know you can come to the team at Eglet Adams. Many families have relied on us over the years to help them as they grieve the loss of their loved ones and try to get the compensation they deserve. Many people are unsure of why a person or family would want to file a wrongful death lawsuit. If their loved one has passed away and someone did it through negligence instead of intentionally trying to harm them, what can the family aim to get? Our Las Vegas wrongful death lawyer knows that when your loved one passes away no matter the circumstances, there is a very large void, some of this comes in the form of income they brought in and the love and companionship they provided. These are some of the things we would file a wrongful death lawsuit for.
What kind of damages can come with a wrongful death lawsuit?
As noted above, one of the main reasons our wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada sees loved ones filing wrongful death lawsuits is because the person who died brought in a large source of income for their family. This means without them, a family may be unable to pay their mortgage, the bills, or even put food on the table.
Another way a wrongful death lawsuit can help you is with the funeral and burial costs. Our Las Vegas, NV wrongful death lawyer has seen it too many times: if you have not been around death before, you may think that insurance automatically covers items like funeral and a burial cost. In some cases, a person may have it written in their will that some of their money will go to pay for these costs but it is not always so. If you win a wrongful death lawsuit, you can ask for damages to help cover these costs so that you can honor your loved one during their funeral.
We understand that the pain you are going through right now may feel like it will never end. However, we want you to know that when it comes to the legal matters of your loved one’s passing, we are here. To speak with a trusted wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, call the team at Eglet Adams.
Common Types of Wrongful Death Cases
Wrongful deaths can be caused by a variety of different situations. Here are some of the most common types of wrongful death cases a wrongful death lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents trusts sees:
- Car Accidents: Car collisions account for a large percentage of wrongful death cases. The faster the car is going, the bigger chance the accident will result in fatalities. Most vehicle accidents that result in fatalities are due to driver negligence. If a driver is speeding, drunk driving, fatigued or acting in another negligent way and causes a fatal accident, he or she may be held liable.
- Work Accidents: When people go to work, they do not expect to get injured, or worse, get killed. Unfortunately, fatal work accidents do occur. These types of accidents are more common in factories and construction sites where heavy machinery is used. For example, if a worker gets entangled in a machine or falls from a ladder, it can have deadly consequences.
- Truck Accidents: As a wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can confirm, accidents with commercial trucks can result in fatalities. These trucks are so much larger and heavier than standard vehicles, so they can cause serious damage to anything they hit. Truck accident victims can endure traumatic brain injuries, severe burns and other fatal injuries. The most common causes of truck accidents include driver fatigue, speeding, driver distraction and driving with an oversized load.
- Defective Products: Product manufacturers are responsible for making sure their products are safe for the public to use. Unfortunately, however, there are still some products that are defective and can result in death. Several types of products can result in fatalities if they are defective, such as pharmaceutical products, cars and children’s products.
- Medical Malpractice: When you go to the hospital or doctor’s office, you expect to come out feeling better. However, it does not always work out that way. Although most doctors are skilled and competent, mistakes can still happen. Common types of medical malpractice that can cause death include surgical errors, misdiagnosis, medication errors and anesthesia errors.
- Bike and Motorcycle Accidents: Bicyclists and motorcycle riders are more likely to be killed during vehicle accidents because they don’t have the protection that motorists due. Many times, bicyclists and motorcycle riders have been killed due to driver negligence.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: As a wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can attest, property owners are responsible for making sure their premises are free from hazards. Otherwise, people walking by can slip and fall and endure fatal injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries. For example, if a homeowner neglected to put ice on his or her icy sidewalk and a pedestrian fell and died, that homeowner would be held liable for the damages.