Your Trusted Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys
At Eglet Adams, we stand as a leading personal injury law firm in Las Vegas, deeply committed to upholding the rights and interests of those who have been wrongfully injured. Our team, comprising experienced attorneys and dedicated legal professionals, specializes in delivering top-tier legal representation to our clients. We understand the critical nature of personal injury cases and approach each with a unique blend of empathy, expertise, and unwavering dedication. Our mission is to ensure that every individual who walks through our doors receives the justice and compensation they deserve, reflecting our deep commitment to both legal excellence and compassionate advocacy.
- Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Infographic
- What To Do After An Accident?
- Personal Injury Attorneys Nevada Informational Video
- What is the statute of limitations for personal injury in Nevada
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Statistics
- Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
Most Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
Personal injury cases are a significant area of the law, encompassing a variety of incidents where individuals are harmed due to the negligence or misconduct of others. As a firm deeply embedded in this field, Eglet Adams, located in Las Vegas, NV, has represented countless clients who have suffered physical, emotional, and financial harm. Our experiences allow us to provide a comprehensive overview of the most common types of personal injury cases.
Car accidents are a common cause of personal injury claims, encompassing a range of scenarios from minor collisions causing whiplash to major crashes leading to catastrophic injuries or fatalities. These accidents often occur due to factors such as speeding, impaired driving, distracted driving, or failure to obey traffic laws. The impact of such accidents can be life-altering, not only physically but also emotionally and financially. At Eglet Adams, our attorneys are adept at navigating the complexities of car accident claims, ensuring that victims receive fair compensation for their injuries, medical expenses, lost wages, and other related damages.
Collisions involving large trucks or semis pose significant risks due to the sheer size and weight of these vehicles. Truck accidents often result in severe injuries or fatalities. Unique regulations govern the trucking industry, including hours of service, maintenance requirements, and load limits. Our lawyers at Eglet Adams have a thorough understanding of these regulations and the nuances involved in truck accident claims, making them well-equipped to represent victims effectively.
Motorcyclists face higher risks on the road, often due to the negligence of other motorists who may fail to notice them. When accidents occur, motorcyclists are particularly vulnerable to serious injuries due to their exposed position. At Eglet Adams, we understand the unique aspects of motorcycle accident cases and work diligently to represent the rights of injured motorcyclists, tackling issues like helmet laws, road hazards, and driver negligence.
Pedestrian and Bicycle Accidents:
Pedestrians and cyclists are extremely vulnerable in traffic-related incidents. Accidents involving them can lead to severe injuries or death due to the lack of protection compared to motor vehicle occupants. These accidents often result from driver inattention, failure to yield right of way, or reckless driving. Our attorneys at Eglet Adams are committed to representing pedestrians and cyclists, advocating for their rights and securing compensation for their injuries and other losses.
Slip and Fall Cases:
Slip and fall accidents, a key aspect of premises liability claims, occur when an individual is injured due to conditions like wet floors, uneven surfaces, or poorly maintained properties. Property owners have a legal obligation to maintain safe environments. Eglet Adams’ attorneys are skilled in proving negligence in such cases, demonstrating how property owners failed to uphold safety standards, leading to client injuries.
Medical malpractice arises when healthcare professionals fail to provide the standard of care required, resulting in patient injury or death. This broad category includes surgical errors, misdiagnosis, improper treatment, and pharmacy errors. Our legal team at Eglet Adams is experienced in dissecting complex medical records and expert testimonies to build compelling cases for our clients.
Injuries in the workplace can occur in any sector, though they are more common in high-risk industries like construction and manufacturing. While workers’ compensation often covers these injuries, in cases involving third-party negligence, a personal injury lawsuit may be warranted. Our lawyers at Eglet Adams are skilled in navigating both workers’ compensation and personal injury claims, ensuring that clients receive full compensation.
Consumers injured by defective or dangerous products can file claims against manufacturers or distributors. These cases range from faulty medical devices and pharmaceuticals to defective auto parts and consumer goods. At Eglet Adams, we specialize in holding companies accountable for releasing harmful products into the market, seeking justice for our clients.
Dog owners are responsible for preventing their pets from harming others. In cases of dog bites or attacks, the owner can be held liable for any injuries caused. Our attorneys at Eglet Adams are adept at handling such cases, ensuring that victims receive compensation for their injuries and associated trauma.
Wrongful death claims are pursued when someone dies due to another’s negligence or intentional act. These claims, which can arise from any type of personal injury scenario, are filed by the deceased’s survivors. At Eglet Adams, we handle these sensitive cases with the utmost care, seeking to provide closure and financial support for the bereaved families.
Las Vegas Personal Injury Infographic
What To Do After An Accident?
Experiencing an accident can be a traumatic and disorienting event. Knowing the right steps to take immediately after an accident is crucial for your safety, health, and any subsequent legal action. As a leading Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, Eglet Adams offers the following guidance on how to navigate the aftermath of an accident.
- Check for Injuries: Before anything else, assess yourself and others for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately.
- Move to a Safe Location: If the accident is minor and your vehicle is causing a hazard, move it to a safe spot. If not, turn on your hazard lights.
- Call the Police: Even for minor accidents, a police report is valuable. It serves as an official record, which can be crucial for insurance and legal purposes.
- Cooperate with Authorities: Provide your account of the event, but avoid admitting fault or making speculative statements.
- Exchange Information: Collect names, contact details, insurance information, and vehicle details from all parties involved.
- Document the Scene: Take photos of the accident site, including vehicle positions, damages, and any relevant road signs or markings.
- Identify Witnesses: If there are witnesses, get their contact information. Their accounts may be helpful later.
Seek Medical Attention
- Immediate Medical Evaluation: Even if you feel fine, some injuries, like whiplash, aren’t immediately apparent. Get checked by a medical professional.
- Keep Records: Maintain a file of all medical treatments, diagnoses, and expenses related to the accident.
- Inform Your Insurance Company: Report the accident to your insurer as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate information but avoid making any admissions of fault.
- Understand Your Coverage: Know what your insurance policy covers in terms of accidents, medical expenses, and property damage.
- Contact a Personal Injury Lawyer: Before settling any claims or signing documents, consult with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV. At Eglet Adams, we can guide you through the legal process.
- Legal Representation: We can help you understand your rights, assess any compensation you’re entitled to, and represent you in dealings with insurance companies and other parties.
Keep Detailed Records
- Document Everything: Keep a detailed record of all correspondence, medical reports, and expenses related to the accident.
- Record Your Experience: Note down your personal experiences following the accident, including pain, inconvenience, and any impact on your daily life.
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself updated on the status of your insurance claim and any legal proceedings.
- Adhere to Medical Advice: Follow the treatment plan prescribed by your healthcare providers to ensure a full recovery.
Navigating the aftermath of an accident can be overwhelming, but taking the right steps can significantly impact your physical, emotional, and financial recovery. Remember, you don’t have to go through this process alone. At Eglet Adams, we are committed to providing comprehensive support and expert legal guidance to ensure your rights are protected. As your Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, we encourage you to reach out to us for assistance in dealing with the legal complexities following an accident. Our expertise and commitment to our clients make us a trusted ally in these challenging times.
Personal Injury Attorneys Nevada Informational Video
What is the statute of limitations for personal injury in Nevada
Las Vegas Personal Injury Statistics
The Nevada Department of Public Safety & Transportation reported that there were over 300 traffic fatalities in the state through 2021, up 20% from 2020 and 25% from 2019.
What if My Case Was Denied?
Dealing with a denied personal injury case can be a frustrating and disheartening experience. Understanding the reasons behind the denial and exploring your options is crucial in such situations. As a renowned Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, Eglet Adams is well-equipped to guide individuals through this challenging phase.
Understanding the Denial of Your Case
- Review the Denial Letter: The first step is to carefully review the denial letter. It should specify the reasons for the denial.
- Common Reasons for Denial: Denials can occur due to a lack of evidence, failure to prove negligence, missed deadlines, or policy exclusions in insurance cases.
- Evaluate the Validity of the Denial: Sometimes, denials are based on misunderstandings or incomplete information.
Steps to Take After a Denial
- Gather Additional Evidence: If your case was denied due to insufficient evidence, gather more information, including medical records, eyewitness statements, or expert testimonies.
- Reevaluate Your Claim: Look over your claim to identify any potential weaknesses or areas that need strengthening.
- Seek Legal Advice: Consulting with a Personal Injury Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, can provide clarity on the reasons for the denial and the feasibility of an appeal or other legal actions.
Appealing the Denial
- Understanding the Appeals Process: The process for appealing a denial varies depending on whether your claim was with an insurance company or a court case.
- Filing an Appeal: If appealing is a viable option, it must be done within a specific timeframe. We can assist in preparing and filing your appeal.
- Presenting Additional Evidence: During the appeal, presenting new evidence or reinforcing existing evidence can be crucial to overturn the denial.
Preparing for an Appeal or New Claim
- Document Everything: Keep detailed records of all relevant documents, communications, and evidence related to your case.
- Stay Informed: Be aware of all deadlines and legal requirements for filing an appeal or a new lawsuit.
- Collaborate with Your Attorney: Work closely with your lawyer to build a strong case. Provide all necessary information and follow their advice.
- Understanding Settlement Negotiation: Settlement negotiation involves direct discussions with the opposing party or their insurance company to reach a mutually agreeable compensation agreement without going to court.
- Advantages: This process is often faster and less costly than a trial. It also offers more privacy and control over the outcome for both parties.
- Strategy Development: We will analyze your case to develop a strong negotiation strategy, considering factors like the strength of your claim, the amount of damages, and the likelihood of winning in court.
- Negotiation Process: Our team will communicate with the opposing party on your behalf, presenting a compelling case for why a settlement is justified. This can involve several rounds of negotiation to reach an agreement that adequately compensates for your injuries and losses.
- Finalizing the Settlement: If a settlement is reached, we will ensure that all necessary legal documents are accurately prepared and that the terms are clearly outlined to protect your interests.
Filing a Lawsuit
- When to Consider a Lawsuit: If settlement negotiations are unsuccessful or the offered compensation is inadequate, the next step may be to file a lawsuit. This is a more formal process where your case is presented in court, and a judge or jury makes a decision.
- Preparation for Litigation: Filing a lawsuit requires thorough preparation. We will gather all pertinent evidence, consult with experts if needed, and prepare legal documents to file your claim in court.
- Navigating Court Procedures: The legal process involves several stages, including discovery (exchange of information between parties), pre-trial motions, and possibly a trial. As your Personal Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV, we will guide you through each step, ensuring you understand the proceedings and your role in them.
- Trial Representation: In court, we will present your case, including evidence and witness testimonies, to argue for your right to compensation. We will cross-examine the defense’s witnesses and counter their arguments.
- Verdict and Judgment: After the trial, the judge or jury will deliver a verdict. If the verdict is in your favor, the court will issue a judgment specifying the compensation amount. We will then assist in the collection of this judgment.
- Appeal Process: If the outcome is not favorable, we can evaluate the potential for an appeal, considering any legal errors or issues that may have affected the trial’s outcome.
If your personal injury case was denied, it’s not the end of the road. There are several avenues to explore, and with the right legal support, you can still achieve a positive outcome. At Eglet Adams, we are committed to assisting our clients in overcoming such challenges. We encourage you to reach out to us for a comprehensive evaluation of your case and expert guidance on the best steps forward. Our dedication and expertise as Personal Injury Lawyers in Las Vegas, NV, make us a trusted partner in your quest for justice and fair compensation.
Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer FAQs
When you’re dealing with a personal injury, it’s wise to have a qualified personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas on your side. Lawyers have the skills and experience necessary to represent you in your case, though no lawyer can guarantee a specific outcome. Since there are many different lawyers who can potentially help you, it’s important to narrow your available options. When hiring a personal injury lawyer, here are seven questions to ask.
Have You Handled Cases Similar to Mine?
When hiring a personal injury lawyer, you need peace of mind. It helps to know that the lawyers you choose to work with have experience handling (and winning) cases similar to yours. Never assume that all lawyers are created equal because they have the same law degrees. Some lawyers have more experience than others and are more effective at winning cases. You’ll find that the lawyers here at Eglet Adams Law are all highly skilled and have success with personal injury cases.
How Does Payment Work?
Some lawyers require you to pay some money upfront, while others have a contingency fee structure (which means you don’t pay unless you win the lawsuit). It’s important to understand how payment will work with your lawyer. That way you won’t experience any unexpected fees or surprises. Contact us today to set up a free consultation and learn more about how we can handle your case and payment.
Do You See Any Potential Problems With My Case?
When hiring a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, you should always ask how likely you are to win your case. If there are any potential problems that may arise, it’s important for your lawyer to tell you about them. The more honest your attorney is about the likelihood of winning or losing your case, the easier it will be to decide whether or not it is worth it to proceed.
Will I Still Be Responsible To Pay Case-Related Costs If I Lose?
Some lawyers ask clients to handle case-related expenses in the event they lose a lawsuit. Others may not have this requirement. To make sure you understand your financial commitments, make sure you understand whether or not you’re responsible for case-related costs if you lose.
How Much Time Can You Commit To My Case?
The last thing you want to do is hire a lawyer who doesn’t have the time to dedicate to your case. Here at Eglet Adams Law, we only accept cases that we have the time and resources to handle. When we work on your case, you can rest assured that we will dedicate the time necessary to represent you as effectively as possible.
The Law Office of Eglet Adams Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer
400 S. 7th St. Suite 400 Las Vegas, NV 89101
Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer Google Review
“This is the best Law Office in Las Vegas. If you have a legitimate case, they will handle you with the utmost professionalism and care.” – Diane M.
Contact Eglet Adams Today
If you feel your injury or your loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence, or, if your insurance provider won’t give you the money you need when you need it, you can turn to an attorney to help you through any issues related to your injuries.
A personal injury lawyer can help you go over the details of your case so you’re never stuck footing the bill for your work-related injuries. When you reach out to a lawyer to help you manage your workplace injury claim, you know that you’re in good hands and you can be confident that your case will get the attentive management it needs.
Eglet Adams provides meticulous and detailed case preparation, and unlike many other personal injury lawyers, there’s no cookie-cutter solutions involved. You’re worth more than just another paycheck, and you deserve financial compensation for your injuries. Reach out to Eglet Adams today, and see how a personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas can help you. You may call us at (702) 450-5400 or call us toll-free at (800) 450-5406 for your free consultation