Fire Injury Attorney Las Vegas, NV
Common Types of Fire Related Cases
• Apartment Buildings, Hotels, Restaurants, Night Clubs and Workplace Buildings: Sometimes those in charge of fire safety in these buildings do not post fire evacuation plans, or they improperly lock or block emergency exits.
• Landlord/Tenant: Landlords oftentimes fail to maintain or replace fire and smoke detectors and other types of fire safety equipment. In Las Vegas and other areas in the state of Nevada, landlords can be liable for fire injuries because they did not comply with fire codes, county codes and state statutes.
• House or Apartment Fires Caused by a Defective Product: such as a malfunctioning smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector or other types of fire deterrent detectors. Failure of any of these can cause serious injury.
Types of Fire Injury
The most common type of injury a person can suffer from after a fire is a burn injury. Burn injuries are categorized by degree:
- First-degree burns: first-degree burns are the most minor and affects only the epidermis(outer layer of the skin). First-degree burns do not blister, but cause redness, swelling and pain.
- Second-degree burns: second-degree burns are a more serious burn that affects the epidermis and dermis layers of skin. Second-degree burns can take several weeks to heal and are more likely to develop infections than first-degree burns.
- Third-degree burns: third-degree burns are a very serious type of burn. They destroy two full layers of skin and skin with a third-degree burn may appear brown, yellow, white or black. third-degree burns may not always cause pain due to nerve ending damage.
- Fourth-degree burns: The deepest and most severe type of burn, fourth-degree burns can be life-threatening. Fourth-degree burns destroy all layers of skin as well as muscles, bones and tendons.
Victims of fires can also suffer from respiratory injuries. Respiratory injuries can be caused by Inhaling hot gasses, oxygen-depleted air and smoke. Respiratory injuries can cause permanent damage to your respiratory system, seizures, comas and death.
Eglet Adams Fire Injury Attorneys
The Law Office of Eglet Adams is one of the most successful and well-respected personal injury law firms in the state of Nevada. Our commitment to excellence in the representation of our clients has allowed us to acquire an unprecedented record of verdicts and settlements, including the largest single case catastrophic injury verdict in Nevada history. At Eglet Adams we have the resources to investigate the cause of the fire that injured you and obtain the compensation you deserve for your injuries.
If you are suffering from an injury due to a fire, an experienced fire injury attorney at the Law Office of Eglet Adams can advise you on your best course of action during a free initial consultation. Contact our law firm today at 702-450-5400 or fill out a contact form here.
“A great place to work, with an amazing staff and knowledgeable attorneys which make this office one of the best in Las Vegas.”