Accidental Death Lawyer Las Vegas, Nevada
Accidental Death Lawyer in Las Vegas, Nevada
If your loved one was killed in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it’s important to speak to an accidental death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV. You and your family may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a timely lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Why You Should Hire an Accidental Death Lawyer
If your family member’s death was due to negligence, your family may be able to receive compensation for medical bills, funeral and burial costs, loss of future income, and other damages that resulted from their death. However, you shouldn’t pursue compensation on your own. Here are some benefits of working with an experienced accidental death lawyer:
- Know the true value of your claim. If you don’t have a legal background, you may not know the true value of your accidental death claim. As such, the negligent party’s insurance company may try to take advantage of you and offer you a very low settlement. An experienced accidental death lawyer will know how much your claim is actually worth. He or she will consider several factors, such as the funeral costs and loss of earnings, before determining a dollar amount.
- Save you time. Wrongful death cases involve many complexities and can take a long time to resolve. This is especially true if you attempt to pursue the case on your own. However, if you hire an accidental death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, he or she can streamline the process. Your lawyer will make sure to file all of the necessary documents by the deadline.
- Allow you to grieve. Losing a loved one is never easy. It becomes even more difficult when the death could have been prevented. When you’re grieving such a horrible loss, you don’t need the added stress of handling a wrongful death lawsuit. Allow a skilled lawyer to do that for you. Your lawyer can handle all the legwork while you focus on healing.
Questions to Ask an Accidental Death Lawyer
Finding the right accidental death lawyer to handle your case can be overwhelming. It’s important to ask the right questions during your consultation to determine if a lawyer is right for you. Below are some questions you should ask any attorney you are considering hiring to represent you in an accidental death lawsuit:
- Does your law firm primarily focus on wrongful death cases?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses in my case?
- How often will you provide me with updates?
- What are your fees?
Schedule a consultation with an accidental death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, at the Law Office of Eglet Adams, today.
Accidental Death Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
If you have lost a loved one due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence then talking to an accidental death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, is often in your best interest. Wrongful death is a traumatic experience and can often leave you with more questions than answers. No matter the cause of the wrongful death you and your family have the legal right to pursue compensation for your loss.
There are several things that can result in wrongful or accidental death and we’ve compiled a list of some of the most common causes.
Common Causes of Accidental Death Claims
There are many different causes of accidental death but here are some of the most common.
By far the most common cause of accidental deaths in the United States is car accidents. There are roughly 38,000 people who die in traffic accidents every year in the United States, these accidents can be caused by distracted, drunk, impaired, or aggressive drivers who aren’t respecting the road. Some other common causes of car accidents are road construction and inclement weather.
Another major cause of accidental deaths is due to medical malpractice. This happens when the hospital or other physician fails to provide an accepted standard of care. Typically we trust that a healthcare provider is going to administer the proper treatment and in many cases they do. However, even small mistakes in prescriptions, diagnoses, and treatment can result in accidental death. In extreme cases, these can be errors involving anesthesia or surgery. Here are some other common medical malpractice mistakes:
- Birth injuries
- Abuse or neglect
- Defective medical devices
- Wrongful medication
A workplace death can occur due to faulty equipment, improper training, illness due to an unsafe environment, fires, and explosions. You will often find that these accidents happen at construction sites more than they would at your typical office building. Other workplace accidents that can result in an accidental death include exposure to dangerous chemicals and falling debris.
Manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and retailers are liable if they manufacture, supply, distribute, or sell defective products that result in accidental death. Some of the most common product liability claims include:
- Defective design
- Manufacturing defects
- Failure to warn customers of defects
- Inadequate warning labels
Negligence by healthcare providers in nursing homes is another common cause of accidental death. If a person loses their life due to the negligence of a healthcare provider in a nursing home, the facility could be held responsible for their death. Proving that negligence happened in a nursing home can be difficult and that is why we suggest finding an accidental death lawyer who is experienced in handling these types of cases.
The dedicated team at The Law Office of Eglet Adams understands that accidental death is a highly emotional process to go through. If you have lost a loved one, you need to find an accidental death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, to help you pursue a claim in order to get the compensation that you rightly deserve.