Wrongful Death Accident Las Vegas, NV
If your loved one was killed in a wrongful death accident in Las Vegas, NV, your family may be entitled to compensation. A skilled lawyer can help you pursue a lawsuit against the negligent party and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Wrongful Deaths
Losing a family member is never easy. If a loved one’s death was caused by someone else’s negligence, the loss can be even more devastating. Here are some of the most common causes of wrongful death:
- Car Accidents: Car accidents occur every day in Las Vegas and some of these accidents result in death. Common causes of car accidents include drunk driving, speeding, distracted driving and fatigued driving.
- Medical Errors: Although most doctors are competent and truly care about the well-being of their patients, they are still human and can make mistakes. Unfortunately, medical errors are one of the most common causes of wrongful death. Medical malpractice can come in many forms, including medication errors, misdiagnosis, surgical errors, and anesthesia errors.
- Defective Products: Product manufacturers are required to make sure their products are safe before releasing them to the public. When they fail to do this, their products can seriously injure or kill unsuspecting consumers. For example, if a manufacturer installs faulty brakes on a vehicle, the driver of that vehicle could get into a fatal accident.
- Truck Accidents: Truck accidents are more likely to cause a wrongful death accident in Las Vegas, NV, than car accidents involving smaller vehicles. Commercial trucks are very large and heavy, so they can cause more destruction when they crash. Common factors that lead to truck accidents include speeding, fatigued driving, mechanical failure, and improper training.
Damages in a Wrongful Death Case
Nothing can make up for the death of a family member, but a settlement from a lawsuit can lighten the financial burden. Here are common damages that are awarded in wrongful death cases:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of the deceased person’s expected earnings
- Loss of care and nurturing from the deceased person
- Loss of benefits, like pension plans
Statute of Limitations in Wrongful Death Cases
In the state of Nevada, you have two years to bring a wrongful death lawsuit. After that time has passed, you will no longer be eligible to receive compensation. That’s why you should discuss your case with a wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, as soon as possible. An experienced lawyer at The Law Office of Eglet Adams can help you pursue a timely claim and gather the evidence you need to prove your case.
If your family member was the victim of a wrongful death accident in Las Vegas, NV, contact Eglet Adams today.