Hit and Run Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
If you suffered injuries in a hit and run accident, it’s important to get in touch with a hit and run lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, promptly. You may be entitled to receive compensation. A lawyer can help you pursue a claim and protect your legal rights.
Common Causes of Hit and Run Accidents
Getting into a car accident is bad enough. When the driver who hits you takes off, the situation becomes even more complicated. Here are some common causes of hit and run accidents:
- Drunk driving. A large number of hit and run accidents are committed by drunk drivers. Those who have been drinking before getting behind the wheel know they may get into legal trouble. A DUI conviction carries heavy penalties, like fines, jail time, and a criminal record. Drivers who want to avoid that may decide to leave the scene of an accident.
- No auto insurance. All drivers in Nevada are required to carry adequate auto insurance. However, that doesn’t mean all drivers follow this law. A driver without insurance may be more likely to flee the scene of an accident. He or she may be afraid of facing the consequences of driving with no insurance.
- Outstanding warrants. As a hit and run accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, can confirm, police typically check everyone’s driver’s license information after a car accident. If a driver has outstanding warrants, that driver knows that the police would arrest him or her. To avoid going to jail, the driver may decide to leave the scene of the accident before the police get there.
What to Do if You Were in a Hit and Run Accident
If you were in a hit-and-run accident, your first step should be to call the police. When they arrive at the scene of the accident, tell them everything you remember about the hit and run driver, such as the color, make, and model of his or her vehicle. They will put that in their report.
Then, seek medical attention. A doctor will assess your injuries and recommend the best treatment. Waiting too long to get treatment can jeopardize your health.
Finally, consult an experienced hit and run accident lawyer. Hit and run cases can be very complicated, so it’s wise to have someone knowledgeable and experienced on your side. A lawyer can help you gather the necessary evidence and pursue a timely lawsuit.
Schedule a consultation with a hit and run lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, at The Law Office of Eglet Adams, today.
Hit and Run Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
If you have been in a hit and run then you should reach out to a hit and run lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, as soon as possible. Pretty much everyone is aware that fleeing the scene of a traffic accident is not only morally wrong but is also against the law. There are still many cases of hit and runs that happen following an accident which makes them far more common than you may realize.
No matter how you are struck-be that in a vehicle, on a transportation device such as a bike or scooter, or on foot, you can expect some injuries that follow the accident. While all car accidents can cause trauma, a hit and run may seem especially traumatic considering the circumstances coupled with the uncertainty of how obtain compensation for your injuries.
If you are a victim of a hit-and-run then you have the legal right to seek the maximum compensation for your damages and with the help of a qualified lawyer, you may be able to recover damages for medical costs, pain and suffering, and lost income.
Facts About Hit and Run Crashes
Unfortunately, these crashes are more often than you think. Hit and run crashes not only cause personal injury and property damage but some accidents can even be fatal. Below are some sobering statistics about hit-and-run crashes in the United States gathered from the National Highway traffic safety administration, the fatality analysis reporting system, and the AAA foundation:
- There are an estimated 737,100 hit-and-run crashes annually
- There is a hit-and-run crash that happens somewhere in the United States every 43 seconds
- 2016 marked the highest number ever recorded at 2,049 fatalities from hit-and-run crashes in the United States.
What You Should Do Immediately After a Hit And Run
The very first thing that you should do after a hit-and-run accident is to ensure that everyone is safe and you should not follow the fleeing driver. Call 911 if you or anyone involved in the accident is injured and then call the police. A hit-and-run is considered a crime and the police will write a report and start looking for the driver. If you are able, here is some information that you should gather about the fleeing driver:
- Their license plate number, even a partial number is helpful
- Make, model, and color
- Description of accident-related damage
- Description of the driver
- The direction the fleeing car was headed
Common Injuries of Hit and Runs
Depending on the severity of the crash there are many different injuries that victims may suffer. Here are some of the most common:
- Brain trauma
- Loss of limbs
- Neck damage
- Internal bleeding
- Broken bones
These injuries can have lifelong impacts and often require expensive medical care. They can also cause the victim to end up with severe disabilities that can impact how they live their life and work.
If you have more questions about what a hit-and-run lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, can do for you then don’t hesitate to reach out to The Law Office of Eglet Adams today for a free consultation about your legal matter.