If you recently suffered injuries in a truck collision, you should consult a truck accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents trust. A truck accident can result in devastating injuries, and you deserve to be compensated for that. A truck accident lawyer can help you file a timely claim and inform you of your legal rights.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
If you were involved in a truck accident, you might wonder how it happened in the first place. While some of these accidents are due to harsh weather or poor road conditions, the majority of them result from driver negligence. Here are some of the most common causes of truck accidents.
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers are on the road for long hours at a time. Although they’re supposed to stop driving after they’ve been on the road for 11 consecutive hours, not all of them follow this rule. Driving for that many hours can make them very tired. When truck drivers experience fatigue, they may lose focus on the road or even fall asleep behind the wheel, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are frequently on tight deadlines. In order to make sure they deliver their goods on time, some truck drivers may drive above the speed limit. Unfortunately, driving too fast can lower their reaction times and increase the chances of getting into a collision.
- Driver Distraction: Because truck drivers are on the road by themselves for long periods of time, they may try to find various ways to entertain themselves. They might talk on their cell phone, switch stations on the radio or eat. Unfortunately, these activities can take their eyes and attention off the road, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Drunk Driving: Truck driving can be a very stressful job at times. As a truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can confirm, some drivers use alcohol to deal with the stress. They may even drink before they get behind the wheel, which can impair their judgment and coordination, leading to accidents.
- Poor Training: Driving a commercial truck is much different than driving a standard vehicle. That’s why truck drivers are required to undergo extensive training before getting behind the wheel. Unfortunately, however, some truck companies may try to rush the training to save money. Truck drivers who don’t know how to properly operate a commercial truck are more likely to get into accidents.
Why You Should Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accident cases can be even more complex than accidents cases only involving passenger vehicles. That’s why it’s worth it to have an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side. He or she can help you gather valuable evidence, identify key witnesses and represent you in court.
If you were injured in a truck crash, schedule a consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.