Truck Accident Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
According to national statistics, approximately 4,000 people are killed each year in truck accidents, and another 90,000 are injured. Many of those accidents take place right on Nevada highways and roads. Fortunately, civil law usually allows all those who are harmed in truck accidents to recover for their losses. The specifics of recovery can be quite complex, and that is why every victim of negligent driving deserves to be represented by a truck accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV clients recommend.
Paying for a Truck Accident Attorney
If you have been injured, then you should be able to sue to recover losses or take a strong position with insurance companies to ensure your rights are protected. Sometimes injured victims do not contact a lawyer because they are afraid that they cannot afford the costs. This fear stops people from receiving full financial recovery.
Remember: You can often secure representation for your injury case no matter what your personal financial situation.
The United States legal system recognizes that it is important to society for everyone to have his or her day in court, even if they cannot afford to pay for representation out of pocket. When a criminal defendant cannot afford a lawyer, the court appoints one for him. While the same rule does not apply in injury cases, there is an arrangement that helps balance the scales in a similar fashion: the contingency fee.
In a contingency fee arrangement, your Las Vegas, NV truck accident lawyer does not get paid unless you recover for your losses. That way you do not have to worry about coming up with money in order to receive the compensation you are owed in order to cover your medical bills, property damage, mental anguish, and other losses. Per these agreements, your attorney receives a percentage of your award or settlement. Your lawyer is taking on a financial risk in order to make sure that you get the representation you deserve.
Ensure Your Agreement Is in Writing
When discussing fees with your lawyer, it is important to keep in mind that this is a professional relationship. Your lawyer’s job is to look out for your interests. You should make sure that you only hire a lawyer who is transparent with you about how they are to be paid and where your money is going.
There are different variations of contingency fee arrangements, but there is not necessarily a “best” way. It all depends on the nature of the case and the specific relationship between you and your attorney. What is important is that no matter what, you get your contingency fee agreement in writing and understand how it will work. Both parties should sign that agreement and you should keep a copy for your records. This agreement should cover things like who will pay the expenses related to litigation up-front (court costs, reporter fees, etc.), who will pay the ultimate bill for those expenses, and similar details.
Have You Been Injured?
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident or have questions regarding a contingency fee arrangement, please contact The Law Office of Egret Adams for a free consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, and find out what legal options you may have.
If you recently suffered injuries in a truck collision, you should consult a truck accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents trust. A truck accident can result in devastating injuries, and you deserve to be compensated for that. A truck accident lawyer can help you file a timely claim and inform you of your legal rights.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
If you were involved in a truck accident, you might wonder how it happened in the first place. While some of these accidents are due to harsh weather or poor road conditions, the majority of them result from driver negligence. Here are some of the most common causes of truck accidents.
- Driver Fatigue: Truck drivers are on the road for long hours at a time. Although they’re supposed to stop driving after they’ve been on the road for 11 consecutive hours, not all of them follow this rule. Driving for that many hours can make them very tired. When truck drivers experience fatigue, they may lose focus on the road or even fall asleep behind the wheel, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Speeding: Truck drivers are frequently on tight deadlines. In order to make sure they deliver their goods on time, some truck drivers may drive above the speed limit. Unfortunately, driving too fast can lower their reaction times and increase the chances of getting into a collision.
- Driver Distraction: Because truck drivers are on the road by themselves for long periods of time, they may try to find various ways to entertain themselves. They might talk on their cell phone, switch stations on the radio or eat. Unfortunately, these activities can take their eyes and attention off the road, increasing the risk of an accident.
- Drunk Driving: Truck driving can be a very stressful job at times. As a truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can confirm, some drivers use alcohol to deal with the stress. They may even drink before they get behind the wheel, which can impair their judgment and coordination, leading to accidents.
- Poor Training: Driving a commercial truck is much different than driving a standard vehicle. That’s why truck drivers are required to undergo extensive training before getting behind the wheel. Unfortunately, however, some truck companies may try to rush the training to save money. Truck drivers who don’t know how to properly operate a commercial truck are more likely to get into accidents.
Truck accidents tend to require the need for a leading truck accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV has to offer. This is because these kinds of collisions often involve serious, if not life-threatening, injuries to the occupants of the vehicle.
Large trucks can weigh up to 60,000 pounds. They take more time to come to a stop, and typically will cause a significant amount of damage when impacting with another object. These accidents tend to change lives. While you or a loved one is recovering, you might also be watching medical bills pour in. Working might be out of the question, and your doctors may be telling you to expect months or years of recovery. The Law Office of Eglet Adams knows how difficult this time might be for you. If negligence was a factor, our Las Vegas, NV truck accident lawyer would like to help you recover damages.
Let us find out whether or not you can seek compensation from the driver, the truck company, a manufacturer, or another entity. Call The Law Office of Eglet Adams now.
What You Should and Should Not Do After a Truck Accident
Following a truck accident feelings of confusion, doubt, and vulnerability may arise. You may be more prone to errors, rash decisions, and mistakes – especially when it comes to handling the situation. Because of this, your case may be at risk. To ease some of this vulnerability, there are things you should and should not do after a truck accident. Please review these things, and if you have questions, call one of our truck accident lawyers in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Call 911 and make sure the police come to the scene
- Get medical attention
- As long as it is safe, and possible, to do so, take pictures of the scene
- Get the contact details and information of any witnesses
- Make sure a police report is filed
- Stay calm; anger will only make things worse
- Follow every doctor’s order
- Complete your medical treatment
- Call a lawyer
- Wait to get medical attention
- Delay things to see what happens
- Accept full or partial fault
- Apologize for what happened
- Accept an under the table offer
- Sign a waiver or any other form from the insurance company
- Agree to a recorded statement
- Talk about the accident on social media
For most people involved in a truck accident, getting photos or witness contact details is not possible. Victims tend to be unconscious or incapacitated at a scene of a truck accident. If this is true for you, this is okay. Medical care is your number one priority. Our Las Vegas, NV truck accident lawyers can take care of most tasks. Please just make sure you get medical attention and follow all of your doctor’s orders. When possible, call our office to get started on your case. We will be happy to talk to you about your legal options and the process during your consultation.
How We Help Injured Victims
When you choose The Law Office of Egret Adams, please know that your case will be in good hands. Our efforts include, but are not limited to:
- We can investigate, and rebuild, the scene
- We will seek expert witnesses whenever necessary
- We will contact any witnesses for a sworn statement
- We will get a copy of the police report and review it for accuracies or inaccuracies
- We will help you to arrange a medical lien
- We will maintain all communications with the insurance company
Nearly 50 percent of truck accidents involve some degree of negligence on part of the truck driver, their employer, or another related party. Let us review your case and help you to get answers to your questions.
Why You Should Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accident cases can be even more complex than accident cases only involving passenger vehicles. That’s why it’s worth it to have an experienced truck accident lawyer on your side. He or she can help you gather valuable evidence, identify key witnesses, and represent you in court.
If you were injured in a truck crash, schedule a consultation with a truck accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.