Accidents Happen Often
Personal injury accidents often impact every aspect of an individual’s life and can have temporary or permanent consequences. At Eglet Adams, our accident lawyers in Las Vegas, NV, work on many different accident cases, giving us some of the most significant experience and resources in this area of law. When most people talk about accidents and the law, they tend to think of car accidents as the central area of focus. But accidents happen, sometimes in the most random of situations
- Types of Accident Cases That Our Las Vegas Accident Lawyers Take On
- TYPES OF ACCIDENTS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS TAKE ON INFOGRAPHIC
- Further Injury Incidents That an Accident Lawyer Can Assist With
- How can an accident lawyer help?
- Las Vegas, NV Accident Infographic
- Common Accident Injuries
- What Are Damages?
- Las Vegas Car Accident Law Statistics
- Eglet Adams Las Vegas Accident Lawyer
Types of Accident Cases That Our Las Vegas Accident Lawyers Take On
It’s no secret that Las Vegas is a city with an incredibly busy and bustling environment. With so many people using our roads and freeways daily, it’s easy to see how accidents happen.
- Car Accidents
We start with one of the most common—car accidents. Millions of roadway accidents happen every year in America and while some result in minor fender benders, others are more tragic. Sometimes even minor car accidents can result in serious injuries. These accidents can be significant, forever changing someone’s life or the life of their family. No matter how minor the crash might be, the Las Vegas accident lawyers at Eglet Adams law office welcome your questions to ensure you are compensated in the event of negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents
Accidents involving motorcycles might seem similar to car accidents, but they are dramatically different. Drivers must always yield to motorcycles, because they are much smaller than other vehicles on the road and lack the protective structure and safety features that other vehicles have. The injuries that result from motorcycle accidents tend to be more consequential. Sadly, more often than not, these crashes are deadly. If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, consider working with the experienced accident lawyers in Las Vegas at Eglet Adams Law.
- Truck Accidents
When we talk about truck accidents, we are referring to the kind of industrial or commercial vehicles we share the roadway with. Like motorcycle accidents, these differ a great deal from accidents in passenger cars. Commercial drivers have particular guidelines, rules, and regulations to follow and drivers have to carry specific accident insurance. We urge you to meet quickly with a Las Vegas accident lawyer if you’ve been involved in a large truck accident. Truck accident cases have statutes of limitations and data tends to “go missing” if these cases aren’t pursued with a decent amount of pressure.
- Random Accidents
Some accidents occur in random or strange situations while you’re simply going about your day. Some examples include would be walking under scaffolding that suddenly falls on you, getting hit by a cyclist or motorized scooter while walking on the sidewalk, getting injured at an improperly marked construction area, etc. We all do our best to avoid dangerous situations, but sometimes, dangerous situations find us. We have seen some extraordinary occurrences, so please reach out to a Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer to see if your case may be the result of negligence.
TYPES OF ACCIDENTS PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERS TAKE ON INFOGRAPHIC
Further Injury Incidents That an Accident Lawyer Can Assist With
While many people’s minds immediately turn to car and truck accidents that cause injuries, there are many other situations that can lead to accidents and injuries. An accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, from Eglet Adams can also assist with injuries from accidents like:
- Product Defects: Product defects are an unfortunate occurrence in everyday life. When a product is improperly labeled it may be used incorrectly and this can lead to injuries. Products that are manufactured incorrectly can cause an assortment of different injuries to users, such as burns, scrapes, cuts, and more.
- Slip and Fall Accidents: Slip and fall accidents are categorized as premises liability injuries. These most often occur when a property owner doesn’t correctly close off an area of the property that could be dangerous to people. This could be an area where construction work is being done or an area that has a liquid spill. Slip and fall accidents should be taken seriously as these accidents can cause severe injuries.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents: Bicycle and pedestrian accidents lead to many serious injuries especially when a vehicle is involved. Always be sure to look out for other bicycles, vehicles, or pedestrians when out on the road. Vehicles have struck pedestrians crossing the road and bicycle riders have been struck while riding on the side of the road or even in their designated bike lanes. If this has happened to you, then it’s time to reach out to Eglet Adams for assistance with your possible case and lawsuit.
- Construction Accident Injuries: Construction injuries are unfortunately common for workers or other personnel at work sites. These sites are quite dangerous due to the heavy machinery present as well as the many different types of components there may be on the site. Reach out to a Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer for assistance with your construction-related accident.
- Fire and Burn Injury Accidents: Burn injuries can come from a variety of different sources like electrical sockets, defective products, vehicles, and more. Fires can quickly escalate from a small flame to a large catastrophe. If you have been burned or injured by a fire that was out of your control and may have been caused by someone else’s negligent actions, then you may have a strong case.
- Brain and Spine Injury Accidents: Brain and spine injuries can occur from medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, slip-and fall-incidents, and other scenarios. These injuries can lead to a significant reduction in quality of life. Reach out to our firm for assistance if you, someone you know, or a close family member has suffered a brain or spine injury due to someone else’s negligence.
Accidents unfortunately happen every day to a variety of different people. When these accidents occur through no fault of the person injured, it’s important to figure out what happened. Eglet Adams can assist with determining how and why your accident happened and hold the at-fault party accountable. Reach out to our firm to speak to an accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, today.
How can an accident lawyer help?
If you have been injured in an accident of some sort, the Las Vegas accident law firm Eglet Adams would be happy to hear the details of your case. No matter where you might be in the claims process, we encourage you to connect with an accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, to ensure that you’re getting the best legal representation possible.
Why Workplace Accidents Are Unique
Most personal injury cases progress with the same burden of proof in mind. Essentially, personal injury cases are generally successful when it can be established that a defendant owed an injury victim a duty of care under the law and breached that duty via conduct deemed negligent, reckless, or intentionally harmful. Additionally, it must be established that the victim’s injuries were the direct result of the defendant’s breach and that the victim’s injuries resulted in some sort of financial loss, such as medical bills or lost wages.
However, workplace accidents must be evaluated somewhat differently by the Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer team at Eglet Adams. The legal options available to workplace accident victims are dependent upon both circumstance and whether the injured worker in question is eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. If a worker is eligible for workers’ comp benefits and they were not drunk, high, starting a fight, or trying to get hurt at the time of their accident, they need to file a time-sensitive claim to receive their benefits. They may or may not also be able to file a personal injury claim related to their injuries.
When Workers’ Comp and Personal Injury Claims Can and Cannot Be Filed Simultaneously
Unlike other personal injury victims, who can sue virtually any individual or legal entity that causes them harm—provided that the basic legal criteria outlined above are met—workers who are eligible for workers’ comp benefits are limited in their ability to sue in the wake of a work-related accident. The law safeguards employers whose employees are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits from being sued in the event of work-related harm. This means that after a work-related accident, the team at Eglet Adams may be able to help you sue other responsible parties—like manufacturers of defective industrial equipment or violent co-workers—but you will be unable to sue your employer. Therefore, if the only party responsible for your injuries is your employer, you will be unable to sue them if you’re eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
When Accidents Result in Loss of Life
If you have lost a loved one to an accident caused by another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentionally harmful actions or inactions, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the losses you have suffered. Similarly, if your loved one’s accident was work-related, you may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation death benefits.
While it can be draining—to say the least—to think about taking legal action in the wake of suffering great loss, working with our Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer team can help ensure that your family’s future financial wellbeing does not suffer as a result of the suffering you’re already navigating. If someone else can and should be held accountable for your loss, it is important to explore your legal options in a timely fashion so that the statute of limitations that may apply to your case doesn’t run out before you’ve had a chance to take action.
Do I Need to File My Lawsuit by a Specific Date?
Even though it can be difficult to so much as get out of bed in the morning while grieving the loss of a loved one, it is critically important that you meet with an accident lawyer, Las Vegas, NV, residents trust as soon as you possibly can in the wake of your loved one’s death. In Nevada, surviving loved ones are granted up to two years to file a wrongful death lawsuit after an injury victim has passed away. However, exploring your legal options promptly will allow the team at Eglet Adams to swiftly preserve evidence that could ultimately make or break your case.
Can Anyone File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
A representative of the deceased’s estate and closely-related loved ones are generally empowered to file wrongful death lawsuits. If you are unsure of whether you’re in a position to advocate for justice on behalf of your loved one and to fight for compensation on behalf of those left behind, that’s okay. Connect with our firm to learn more about who can file on behalf of the situation you’re facing.
Are Work-Related Cases Subject to Special Rules?
Another reason why it is so important to connect with a knowledgeable Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer at Eglet Adams as soon as you can in the wake of your loved one’s death is that if your loved one’s death was work-related, some other options for compensation that do not involve filing a lawsuit are extremely time-sensitive and must be acted upon with great urgency.
If your loved one was either classified as a part-time or full-time worker (or was improperly classified as an independent contractor) at the time that they sustained their work-related harm, their surviving loved ones may be eligible to collect substantial workers’ compensation death benefits. However, this process is notoriously time-sensitive, so if you delay filing initial paperwork by even a month or two, you may be barred from receiving compensation that could profoundly impact your family’s financial well-being.
Do I Need an Attorney to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
There are legal challenges that can be approached in a “do-it-yourself” fashion successfully. Arguing a wrongful death lawsuit is not one of these challenges. To protect your rights as a surviving loved one, honor the loss you have suffered, and receive the maximum amount of compensation that you are owed, you’ll need to speak with an attorney as soon as you can.
What if the Accident Was Partially My Loved One’s Fault?
If your loved one was partially to blame for their injurious circumstances, don’t avoid exploring your legal options with the assistance of the experienced Nevada legal team at Eglet Adams because you’re afraid that you have no opportunities for recourse available to you. Because Nevada allows injury victims and surviving loved ones to pursue damages as long as the victim in question wasn’t more than 50 percent at fault for their circumstances, chances are that you remain entitled to significant compensation at this time. Connect with our Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer team to learn more.
Why You Will Benefit from Hiring a Lawyer
An accident lawyer is crucial in helping you build your case for many different reasons. We will first help you find evidence to prove your case, from going to the scene of the accident to seeking out expert witnesses to testify on your behalf in court. There may have been witnesses to the accident as well. If this is the case, you need to tell your lawyer about them so that you can track down these additional witnesses to help bolster your case.
Your lawyer will also know what kind of compensation you can file for and how much to seek in damages. This is important because you will want a judge to feel that what you are asking for is fair, and you will want to seek enough in compensation. You will want all of your past and present medical costs covered, as well as any future medical bills that you may have. It is crucial to have a lawyer on your side who will know how to speculate what your future costs will look like.
Some of the Damages You May File For
There are many different costs that are often associated with accident cases. Some of the most common things you will want to seek compensation for include:
- Costs for medical damages. This will include any necessary surgeries, medications, or physical therapy that is associated with your injuries.
- Damages for property that was damaged or destroyed in your accident. One of the most common types of accident cases is car accidents, which means that a car should be replaced in the event it is damaged.
- The price for therapy or any emotional damages may be able to be wrapped up in your suit, particularly in a catastrophic accident case, where people sustain life-changing injuries. This is meant to both punish the at-fault party for being negligent as well as give you some kind of compensation for what happened.
Las Vegas, NV Accident Infographic
Your accident lawyer will be able to look at your case in great detail to determine what you may be eligible to file for. Do not wait to seek legal assistance. The sooner you reach out, the sooner you can get compensation for everything that happened. You should not have to suffer emotionally, physically, or financially because of an accident that was someone else’s fault. You deserve to be compensated for everything and a lawyer will figure out the best possible strategy to determine how to get what you deserve.
Common Accident Injuries
No one accident case in Las Vegas is the same, so you’ll need experienced, knowledgeable accident lawyers in Las Vegas, NV, to help you navigate what just happened. As common as some accidents are, this doesn’t mean that you’ll always know what to expect from your injury. The severity of the accident and any pre-existing conditions you had before the accident occurred play a role in how well you recover. Sometimes, you won’t realize the severity of the accident until days later. You should always visit a doctor as soon as possible to document your injuries and see if there’s any internal damage that you have yet to notice.
Below is a non-comprehensive list of injuries to look out for if you’ve been injured in an accident.
- Spinal cord injuries
- Fractured bones
- Broken bones
- Head injuries (e.g., traumatic brain injury, hemorrhaging, concussion)
- Limb amputation
- Back injuries
- Burns or other scarring
Often, physical injuries cause emotional harm as well. You can seek recovery for your emotional harm. Common emotional harm associated with a personal injury case include, but are not limited to:
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (i.e., loss of romantic kindling between you and your spouse)
Furthermore, your injuries are often costly. Even if you can afford to pay these bills out of pocket, you shouldn’t have to pay when the defendant is at fault.
- Future lost wages
- Medical expenses
- Future medical expenses
- Physical therapy
- Ambulance transportation costs
- Property replacement or repair
- Aide assistance costs
What Are Damages?
Personal injury case damages are split into compensatory damages and punitive damages. Compensatory damages serve to make you whole again. These are your actual damages—the damages that a court can easily calculate. In other words, these damages tend to come with a receipt or paper trail, such as a bill from the hospital. But compensatory damages also cover your non-economic, emotional damages. It’s best to leave calculating the costs of your emotional damages to your skilled accident lawyer from The Law Office of Eglet Adams.
You may also seek punitive damages. Punitive damages serve to punish the defendants for their grossly negligent, reckless, intentional, or malicious behavior. After all, some personal injury accidents stem from malicious intent to cause you harm. Even if the defendants didn’t intend to harm you, if they showed reckless indifference to the safety and welfare of others (such as by driving drunk or playing a dangerous prank that was foreseeable to cause injury), a judge may award you punitive damages.
For a judge to grant you punitive damages, they must first award you compensatory or nominal damages. If you’re wondering why, we’ll tell you. You must prove that the defendants are at fault and that your rights were violated by the defendants’ actions. In doing so, you’ll receive compensatory damages. (In rare occasions where you suffered no harm, you’ll request nominal damages, where recovery can be as low as $1). Once it’s confirmed that the defendants are in the wrong, the decision to punish them follows. However, there is a cap, so speak with us to see how much you may seek in punitive damages.
Legal Assistance Is Available
If you haven’t yet scheduled a risk-free consultation with the experienced Nevada legal team at Eglet Adams, please do so now. Our Las Vegas, NV, accident lawyer team would be honored to speak with you about your legal needs.
Las Vegas Car Accident Law Statistics
According to statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in one year, more than 350 people were killed in vehicle accidents in Nevada. This loss of life amounted to $498.2 million total in financial costs – approximately $3.6 million in medical expenses and $494.6 million in work loss costs. A car accident lawyer can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Navigating Nevada’s Legal Landscape With Las Vegas Accident Lawyers
In the vibrant city of Las Vegas, Nevada, accidents can disrupt lives and lead to a maze of legal complexities. When you find yourself facing the unexpected, it’s crucial to understand the specific laws that govern accidents in the state. At Eglet Adams, our team of experienced Las Vegas accident lawyers is dedicated to guiding you through the intricate legal terrain and ensuring that you receive the justice and compensation you deserve.
Understanding Nevada’s Accident Laws
Nevada’s accident laws encompass a wide array of statutes, regulations, and court decisions that determine how accidents and injuries are handled. Whether you’re a resident of Las Vegas or were involved in an accident while visiting the city, understanding these key laws is essential:
- Statute of Limitations
- Nevada, like most states, imposes a statute of limitations on personal injury claims. This means that there is a specific timeframe within which you must file a lawsuit after an accident occurs. The timeframe can vary depending on the nature of the accident and the injuries sustained. To protect your rights, it’s crucial to consult with an experienced accident lawyer in Las Vegas as soon as possible.
- Comparative Negligence
- Nevada follows a comparative negligence system, which means that if you share some degree of fault for an accident, it may affect the amount of compensation you can recover. It’s essential to work with a skilled accident lawyer to build a strong case and determine liability accurately.
- No-Fault Insurance
- Nevada does not have a no-fault insurance system for auto accidents. Instead, the state operates under a traditional fault-based system, where the at-fault party’s insurance is responsible for covering damages. Dealing with insurance companies can be challenging, making the experience of an accident lawyer in Las Vegas invaluable.
- Dram Shop Laws
- Nevada has specific laws related to accidents involving alcohol. Under dram shop laws, establishments that serve alcohol to intoxicated individuals can be held liable for accidents caused by the intoxicated person. These laws can be complex, and an accident lawyer can help determine if they apply to your case.
Why Choose Our Firm As Your Las Vegas Accident Lawyers?
When you’re dealing with the aftermath of an accident in Las Vegas, having a dedicated and knowledgeable Las Vegas Accident Lawyer by your side can make a significant difference. At Eglet Adams, we are committed to helping our clients understand the intricacies of Nevada’s accident laws and ensuring they receive the compensation they deserve. Our experienced team of accident lawyers has an in-depth understanding of the state’s legal framework, allowing us to advocate effectively for your rights.
Contact Us Today
If you’ve been injured in an accident in Las Vegas, whether it’s a car accident on the Strip or a slip and fall incident, don’t hesitate to reach out to Eglet Adams. A Las Vegas accident lawyer offers a consultation to discuss your case and provide professional guidance on the best course of action. We are here to support you through this challenging time and ensure that your rights are protected. Contact us today to take the first step toward securing the justice and compensation you deserve. Your well-being is our priority.
Eglet Adams Las Vegas Accident Lawyer
400 S 7th St #400, Las Vegas, NV 89101
“Robert and Tracy are brilliant attorneys! I would send anyone to their firm for representation.”