Las Vegas Accident Lawyer
Accidents Happen Often
Personal injury accidents will impact every aspect of an individual’s life and can have temporary or permanent consequences. At Eglet Adams, our accident lawyers in Las Vegas, NV work on many accident cases which give us some of the most significant experiences and resources in this area of law. When most people talk about accidents and laws, they tend to think of car accidents as being the central area of focus. But accidents happen, sometimes in the most random situations
Types of Accidents That Our Las Vegas Accident Lawyers Take On
It’s no secret that Las Vegas is a city with an incredibly busy and bustling environment. With so many people moving around the roads, it’s easy to see how accidents happen.
- Car Accidents
We start with one of the most common, car accidents. Tens of thousands of roadway accidents happen every year in America and while some result in just minor fender benders while others are more tragic. Sometimes it doesn’t take much to experience an injury from an event such as this. Sometimes, accidents are significant, forever changing someone’s life or the life of their family. No matter how minor the crash might be, the Las Vegas accident lawyers welcome your questions at Eglet Adams law office to ensure you are compensated in the event of negligence.
- Motorcycle Accidents
Accidents involving motorcycles might seem like they are similar to car accidents, but they are dramatically different. This is because drivers must always yield to motorcycles and when injured, the injuries tend to be more consequential. More times than not sadly, they are deadly. If you, or someone you love, have been in a motorcycle accident, consider working with the seasoned accident lawyers in Las Vegas at Eglet Adams Law.
- Truck Accidents
When we talk about truck accents, we are talking more about the kind of industrial or commercial vehicles we share the roadway with. Like motorcycle accidents, these differ a great deal from accidents in passenger cars. Commercial drivers have particular guidelines, rules, and regulations to follow and drivers have to carry specific accident insurance. We urge you to work quickly with a Las Vegas accident lawyer if you’ve been involved in a large truck accident. These cases have statutes of limitations and data tends to “go missing” if these cases are pursued with a decent amount of pressure.
- Random Accidents
These accidents cover the most random and strange events that can take place while you’re simply going about your day. Some examples of these would be walking under scaffolding that suddenly falls on you, getting hit by a cyclist while walking on the sidewalk, getting hit with a motorized scooter, getting injured at an improperly marked construction area, etc. We all do our best to avoid dangerous situations, but sometimes, dangerous situations happen to us. We have seen some extraordinary occurrences, so please reach out to a Las Vegas, NV accident lawyer to see if your case may be the result of negligence.
Further Injury Incidents That an Accident Lawyer Can Assist With
While many people’s minds immediately turn to car and truck accidents that cause injuries, there are still some other crucial things that lead to accidents and injuries. An accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV from Eglet Adams can also assist with injuries from accidents like:
- Product Defects – Product defects are an unfortunate occurrence in everyday life. When a product is improperly labeled it may be used by its user incorrectly. This can lead to injuries. Also, when a product is manufactured incorrectly it could lead to an assortment of different injuries to its users like burns, scrapes, cuts, and more.
- Slip and Fall Accidents – Slip and fall accidents fall under premises liability injuries. These most often occur when a property owner doesn’t correctly close off an area of the property that could be dangerous to people. This could be an area where construction work is being done or an area that has a liquid spill. Slip and fall accidents should be taken seriously as these accidents can cause severe injuries.
- Bicycle and Pedestrian Accidents – Bicycle and pedestrian accidents have led to many serious injuries especially when a vehicle is involved. Always ensure to look out for other bicycles, vehicles, or pedestrians when out on the road. Vehicles have struck pedestrians when they are crossing the road and bicycle riders have been struck when riding on the side of the road or even in their designated bike lanes. If this injury has happened to you, then it’s time to reach out to Eglet Adams for assistance with your possible case and lawsuit.
- Construction Accident Injuries – Construction injuries are unfortunately common for workers or other personnel on the site. These sites are quite dangerous due to the heavy machinery on-site as well as all of the different types of components there may be on the site as well. Reach out to a Las Vegas, NV accident lawyer for assistance with your construction-related accident.
- Fire and Burn Injury Accidents – Burn injuries can come from a variety of different sources like electrical sockets, defective products, vehicles, and more. Fires are another thing that can quickly rise from a small flame to a large catastrophe. If you have been injured via a burn or fire that was out of your control and may have been caused by someone else’s negligent actions, then you may have a strong case.
- Brain and Spine Injury Accidents – Brain and spine injuries could occur from medical malpractice, vehicle accidents, slip and fall incidents, and other scenarios. When these injuries occur to someone they can lead to a significant reduction in quality of life. Reach out to our firm for assistance if you, someone you know, or a close family member have been the recipient of this injury due to no fault of your own.
Accidents, unfortunately, happen every day to a variety of different people. When these accidents occur due to no fault of the injury recipient, then it’s best to figure out what happened. Eglet Adams can assist with figuring out how and why this happened and hold the party accountable who caused this. Reach out to an accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV from our firm today.
How can an accident lawyer help?
If you have been injured in an accident of some sort, the Las Vegas accident law firm, Eglet Adams, would be happy to hear the details of your case. No matter where you might be in the claims process, we encourage you to connect with an accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV to ensure that you’re getting the best legal representation possible.
Why Workplace Accidents Are Unique
Most personal injury cases progress with the same burden of proof in mind. Essentially, personal injury cases are generally successful when it can be established that a defendant owed an injury victim a duty of care under the law and breached that duty via conduct deemed negligent, reckless, or intentionally harmful. Additionally, it must be established that the victim’s injuries were the direct result of the defendant’s breach and that the victim’s injuries resulted in some sort of financial loss, such as medical bills or lost wages.
However, workplace accidents must be evaluated somewhat differently by the Las Vegas, NV accident lawyer team at Eglet Adams. The legal options available to workplace accident victims are dependent upon both circumstance and whether the injured worker in question is eligible for workers’ compensation benefits. If a worker is eligible for workers’ comp benefits and they were not drunk, high, starting a fight, or trying to get hurt at the time of their accident, they’ll need to fill a time-sensitive claim to receive their benefits. They may or may not also be able to file a personal injury claim related to their injuries.
When Workers’ Comp and Personal Injury Claims Can and Cannot Be Filed Simultaneously
Unlike other personal injury victims, who can sue virtually any individual or legal entity that causes them harm—provided that the basic legal criteria outlined above are met—workers who are eligible for workers’ comp benefits are limited in their ability to sue in the wake of a work-related accident. The law safeguards employers of employees who are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits from being sued in the event of work-related harm. This means that after a work-related accident, the team at Eglet Adams may be able to help you sue other responsible parties—like manufacturers of defective industrial equipment or violent co-workers—but you will be unable to sue your employer. Therefore, if the only party responsible for your injuries is your employer, you will be unable to sue them if you’re eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
When Accidents Result in Loss of Life
If you have lost a loved one as the result of an accident caused by another’s negligence, recklessness, or intentionally harmful actions or inactions, you may be entitled to file a wrongful death lawsuit on behalf of the losses you have suffered. Similarly, if your loved one’s accident was work-related, you may be entitled to receive workers’ compensation death benefits.
While it can be draining—to say the least—to think about taking legal action in the wake of suffering great loss, working with our Las Vegas, NV accident lawyer team can help to ensure that your family’s future financial wellbeing does not suffer as a result of the suffering you’re already navigating. If someone else can and should be held accountable for your loss, it is important to explore your legal options in a timely fashion so that the statute of limitations that will apply to your case doesn’t run before you’ve had a chance to take action.
Why You Will Benefit from Hiring a Lawyer
An accident lawyer is crucial in helping you build your case for many different reasons. We will first help you find evidence to prove your case. This could be from going to the scene of the accident to seeking out expert witnesses to testify on your behalf in court. There may have been actual witnesses to the accident as well. If this is the case, you need to tell your lawyer about it so that you can track down additional witnesses to help bolster your case.
Your lawyer will also know what kind of compensation you can file for and how much to seek in damages. This is important because you will want a judge to feel like what you are asking for is fair and you will want to seek enough in compensation. You will want all of your past and present medical costs covered, as well as any future medical bills that you may have. It is crucial to have a lawyer on your side who will know what to speculate your future costs will look like.
Some of the Damages You May File For
There are many different costs that are often associated with accident cases. Some of the most common things you will want to seek compensation for include:
- Costs for medical damages. This will include any necessary surgeries, medications, or physical therapy that is associated with your injuries.
- Damages for a property that was damaged or destroyed in your accident. One of the most common types of accident cases is car accidents, which means that a car should be replaced in the event it is damaged.
- The price for therapy or any emotional damages may be able to be wrapped up in your suit. This is particularly in a catastrophic accident case, where people sustain life-changing injuries. This is meant to both punish the at-fault party for being negligent as well as give you some kind of compensation for what happened.
Your accident lawyer will be able to look at your case in great detail to determine what you may be eligible to file for. Do not wait to seek legal assistance. The sooner you reach out, the sooner you can get compensation for everything that happened. You should not have to suffer emotionally, physically, or financially because of an accident that was someone else’s fault. You deserve to be compensated for everything and a lawyer will figure out the best possible strategy to determine how to get what you deserve.
Legal Assistance Is Available
If you haven’t yet scheduled a risk-free consultation with the experienced Nevada legal team at Eglet Adams, please do so now. Our Las Vegas, NV accident lawyer team would be honored to speak with you about your legal needs at this time.