Bicycle Accident Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
A bicycle accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV has to offer at The Law Office of Eglet Adams, represents Las Vegas area residents who were harmed in bike accidents that were avoidable but for the negligent actions of another person or business enterprise. If you suffered a permanent or catastrophic injury resulting in costly medical bills, call us to speak with a respected member of our legal team. The Law Office of Eglet Adams fights hard to protect the rights of our fellow community members to receive compensation from those who harmed them. Call us now to discuss your case at no charge during a confidential case review.
Should I get medical care right away?
Bicycle accidents are very serious, and immediate medical care should always be sought. The symptoms associated with such an incident can be painful and obvious. But it is also possible that symptoms remain dormant until the body has come down from a state of shock. That is why seeking medical attention is so important, as there could be a critical condition brewing underneath that the victim just isn’t aware of yet.
It is in my best interest to file a bike accident claim?
Not every injury necessitates the filing of a personal injury claim with the help of a bicycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas. For instance, if a person suffers a mild injury because of their own actions, they may be best served by paying out of pocket for minor treatment such as over the counter anti-inflammatory medication. Here are some other guidelines about when it may or may not be beneficial to seek legal representation when recovering damages from another party:
- If the injury is minor and the at-fault party will pay all of your injury-related costs, you probably do not need to hire a legal representative.
- If the injury is serious, but you were at fault and your health insurance policy will cover your damages, you probably do not need to hire a lawyer.
- If the injury is serious or permanent, and you were not at fault, the at-fault party’s insurance carrier will likely offer you a low settlement. You may benefit from retaining a lawyer to ensure that all compensable damages are included in your claim, and that the settlement you are offered is fair.
- If you suffered an injury that resulted in substantial damages but the insurance company has not paid you after a reasonable amount of time has passed, you may benefit from hiring a lawyer. The Law Office of Eglet Adams can step in and leverage our experience and reputation to pressure the insurance company to act in good faith by paying you a fair settlement in a timely manner.
Should the insurance company continue to delay in paying you, a Las Vegas, NV bicycle accident lawyer can take them to court for unfair business practices. Because they know that that outcome may be far more costly to them, they are more likely to pay you the compensation you deserve and without any further delay.
If I was wearing a helmet, should I still be concerned about a head injury?
Even if you were wearing a helmet at the time of the accident, this doesn’t mean there is no chance you sustained a head injury. A helmet can save a person’s life and decrease the severity of an injury, but it doesn’t mean there’s no risk involved. Additionally, a person could have still suffered a head injury despite not having a visible physical wound. The brain could have been jolted against the inside of the skull, potentially causing brain bleeding and/or swelling.
Bike accident victims must go to the emergency room for suspected head injury if they have the following symptoms:
- Persistent headache
- Memory lapses
- Difficulty with speech
- Poor concentration
- Sensitivity to light or sound
What are signs that I have internal bleeding?
The organs and internal body can sustain blunt and hefty force from being hit by the car and/or from falling to the ground. As a Nevada bicycle accident lawyer at The Law Office of Eglet Adams may tell you, it is crucial to get medical attention if you experience tenderness or pain when you gently apply pressure to your midsection. Other signs that internal bleeding could be occurring include:
- Vision loss
- Slurred Speech
- Shortness of breath
- Blood in stool or urine
- Stiff neck
- Low blood pressure
If my neck is really sore with restriction motion, can it heal on its own?
Whiplash is very common for those who have been a part of any kind of accident in which their body and neck is jolted rapidly from impact. Mild cases may heal on their own, but in most cases care from a doctor or chiropractor is required to prevent future complications. If you have a sore, painful neck with restricted motion, then you should consider seeing your doctor promptly for an examination and treatment.
How can I treat my road rash injuries at home?
Bicyclists often walk away with some degree of road rash from making contact with the cement or ground after being hit. These injuries can be excruciating and may necessitate professional medical care to stop bleeding from lacerations and to prevent infections. It is recommended that you take these steps in caring for your road rash injuries, and then visit your doctor soon after:
- Wash your hands and then the injury with soap and water (but do not scrub or apply too much pressure, as this can cause further damage).
- Remove any debris carefully (grass, rock, dirt, etc).
- Apply an ointment with antibiotic properties once the wound is clean and dry.
- Cover the road rash with gauze or other medical bandage to prevent bacteria from coming into contact with the wound.
How do I know whether a lawyer can help me with a claim?
After providing us with the details of how you sustained your injury, we can tell you whether or not hiring a lawyer could make a difference in the outcome of your case. We will provide an honest assessment so that you can make an informed decision about your next step. We encourage victims to contact us at The Law Office of Eglet Adams to schedule a free consultation with a knowledgeable Las Vegas bicycle accident lawyer right away.
Meeting With A Bicycle Accident Lawyer in Las Vegas, NV About Compensation After a Bike Accident
Riding a bike on public streets can be dangerous. However, it’s a very common method of transportation for a large number of people. It is good for exercise and the environment. Despite the risks it is understandable that people still want to get around town to work or other locations via a bicycle. But, if you ever find yourself involved in a serious bike accident, then remember you could be entitled to monetary restitution and it is advisable that you meet with a bicycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV immediately.
Can I sue the driver who caused my bicycle accident to happen?
Yes, victims of bike accidents may be entitled to financial compensation for their injuries and damages. In order to receive compensation, it must be shown that the driver was at least partially responsible for it happening. It is recommended that bike accident victims meet with a qualified Las Vegas, Nevada bicycle accident lawyer for a full case evaluation. An attorney can review the circumstances of the accident and make suggestions for what steps to take next.
What is the best way to prevent a bike accident?
Even the most safe and cautious bike rider can still be vulnerable to being struck by a car, simply because the driver may not be paying attention on the road. If there isn’t a bike lane designated specifically for bicyclists, then this means a rider must share a lane with a car driver. Being so close to a vehicle is a risk, since all it takes is that driver looking away for a few seconds or being careless to cause a tragic collision. Here are some ways that you can be proactive when it comes to bicycle safety:
- Always ride in the same direction that traffic is going. Never, ever ride against traffic, as that can easily lead to a head-on collision in a matter of seconds. A fatality can occur in an instant. If a bicyclist does survive, the injuries for such a head-on impact can be life-changing.
- Ride with both front and rear bike lights. By putting lights on both the front and back can increase your visibility at night in each direction.
- Don’t distract yourself while on a bike. Do not make phone calls, text, or use any other device while riding a bike. Many riders enjoy wearing headphones while on a bike, but that would make it difficult to hear sirens, honks, or other potential dangers.
How do I know what my case is worth?
When meeting with a bicycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, he or she will want to find out as much information as possible about the bike accident. The value of your case depends on various factors, including how the injuries have changed your life thus far, estimated future medical care costs, severity of injuries, and more.
What if my bike accident was a result of unsafe road conditions?
Talk with your bicycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV if your accident was caused because of road conditions that were not safe, such as potholes, broken pavement, and other hazards. A situation like this may be grounds for a premises liability lawsuit, where a government entity, landlord, or business would be held responsible for your injuries and damages.
For a consultation with a bicycle accident lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, call The Law Office of Eglet Adams.
“Excellent firm! Was very pleased with my case outcome. Staff was very communicative and helpful. All the attorneys were great to work with.”