If your family member was killed because of someone else’s negligence, you should get in touch with a wrongful death settlement lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents trust. Your family may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and ensure your rights are protected.
Common Types of Wrongful Death
Losing a family member is always a devastating event. It becomes even more heartbreaking when the death was caused by another person’s negligence. Here are the most common types of wrongful death.
- Medical Malpractice: People who go into hospitals and doctor’s offices may expect to come out feeling better than they did before. Unfortunately, this doesn’t happen this way. Doctors and other medical professionals are still human and can make mistakes. The most common causes of wrongful death in medical malpractice include misdiagnosis and surgical errors.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers must make sure their products are safe before releasing them to the public. If they fail to do this, fatalities can occur. For example, if a manufacturer assembles a vehicle that has defective brakes and a person dies in an accident, that manufacturer will be held liable.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents occur on a daily basis in Nevada. Unfortunately, some of them can result in fatalities. Most car accidents result from one driver’s negligence, whether it’s speeding, being distracted or drunk driving.
- Truck Accidents: As a wrongful death settlement lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can confirm, truck accidents are more likely to cause fatalities than car accidents. Commercial trucks are very large and heavy, so they do a lot of damage to anything they hit. Common causes of truck accidents include driver fatigue, speeding, driving with an oversized load and mechanical issues.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Many pedestrian accidents result in fatalities because pedestrians don’t have the protection of a vehicle. Drivers are responsible for keeping a watchful eye out for pedestrians. If they fail to do that and one gets killed, they could be held liable.
What to Do If Your Loved One Was Wrongfully Killed
If your loved one was killed due to another person’s carelessness, you should consult a wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV. Although nothing can make up for the death of your loved one, obtaining compensation through a lawsuit may help ease some of the financial burden. A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company any improves your chances of obtaining a fair settlement.
Schedule a consultation with a wrongful death settlement lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.