Wrongful Death Settlement Lawyer Las Vegas, NV
If your family member was killed by someone else’s negligence, you should get in touch with a wrongful death settlement lawyer Las Vegas, NV, residents trust. Your family may be entitled to compensation. A lawyer can help you file a timely claim and ensure your rights are protected.
Common Types of Wrongful Death
Losing a family member is devastating. It becomes even more heartbreaking when the death was caused by another person’s negligence. These are the most common types of wrongful death claims:
- Medical Malpractice: People who go into hospitals and doctors’ offices may expect to walk out feeling better than they did before. Unfortunately, that doesn’t always happen. Doctors and other medical professionals are still human and can make mistakes. The most common causes of wrongful death in medical malpractice cases include misdiagnosis and surgical errors.
- Defective Products: Manufacturers must make sure their products are safe before releasing them to the public. If they fail to do this, their products can severely injure or kill unwitting consumers. For example, if a manufacturer installs defective brakes on a vehicle that cause a fatal collision, that manufacturer will be held liable.
- Car Accidents: Car accidents occur on a daily basis in Nevada and unfortunately, some of them are fatal. Most car accidents result from one driver’s negligence, whether it’s speeding, distracted driving or drunk driving.
- Truck Accidents: As a wrongful death settlement lawyer in Las Vegas, NV, can confirm, truck accidents are more likely to end in death than crashes involving passenger vehicles. Commercial trucks are very large and heavy, so they do a lot of damage to anything they hit. Common causes of truck accidents include driver fatigue, speeding, driving with an oversized load and mechanical issues.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Many pedestrian accidents are fatal because pedestrians lack any protections like the ones afforded when traveling in a vehicle. Drivers are responsible for keeping a watchful eye out for pedestrians. If they fail to do that and someone gets killed, they could be held liable.
What to Do If Your Loved One Was Wrongfully Killed
If your loved one was killed by another person’s carelessness, you should consult a wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV. Although nothing can make up for the loss of your loved one, obtaining compensation through a lawsuit may help ease some of the financial burden. A lawyer can negotiate with the insurance company and improve your chances of obtaining a fair settlement.
Call us today to schedule a consultation with an experienced wrongful death settlement lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.