Spine injury lawyer Las Vegas, NV
If you’ve suffered a personal injury accident, such as damage to your spine, the services of a spine injury lawyer in Las Vegas, NV at the law office of Eglet Adams can help you get your life back on track. Spine injuries can be debilitating, and the costs associated with managing spinal injuries can be astronomical.
If you have suffered a spine injury due to someone else’s negligence, our team can help you obtain the compensation you deserve for medical expenses, pain and suffering, lost wages, and other costs.
What to Know About Spine Injuries
Spine injuries can occur in many ways. Whether you sustain a spine injury from a car accident, violent act, a fall or a sports activity, you could suffer permanent damage. According to the Mayo Clinic, a spinal cord injury is defined as damage to any part of the spinal cord or the nerves at the end of the spinal canal. The severity of spinal cord injuries are classified in one of two ways:
- Complete: all sensory and motor function are lost below the injury
- Incomplete: some sensory or motor function are present below the injury
Spine injuries can cause paralysis from the neck down (quadriplegia) or paralysis from the waist down (paraplegia). In addition to paralysis, injuries to the spine can result in:
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of sensation
- Difficulty controlling the bowels and bladder
- Loss of movement
- Loss of sexual function
Unfortunately, spinal cord injuries cannot be repaired but many victims of spine injuries benefit from rehabilitation and treatment. Doctors and researchers are also working actively to make promising advancements in spine injury research.
If You Have Suffered a Spine Injury
If you or a loved one have suffered a spine injury due to the negligence or intentional act of another, an NV spine injury lawyer in Las Vegas at the law office of Eglet Adams can help you recover damages including:
- Medical expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
- Long term care costs
- Lost wages
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Future lost wages
When bringing a spinal cord injury claim, it is important to choose a lawyer with experience in spine injury litigation, due to spine injury cases typically involving more complex legal and medical issues.
Pain and Suffering
After an accident-related injury that caused spinal damage, you may wonder what qualifies as pain and suffering. Since pain and suffering are intangible feelings, how do we assign a dollar amount to them? Victims are entitled to seek compensation for their damages.
The most apparent damages are centered on economic losses. These losses can include the costs of medical treatment for your injuries. Financial losses also include those lost due to missed work because of the injuries or a loss of earning potential in the aftermath of an injury.
However, in many instances, injury victims are entitled to noneconomic damages as well. These include damage compensation for the pain and suffering they have experienced due to the spine damage sustained. We advise discussing your right to pain and suffering compensation with a Nevada spine injury lawyer attorney as soon as possible.
How Pain and Suffering is Calculated
Pain and suffering can be physical, emotional, or psychological. However, it is not possible to get into a victim’s head and understand how much they have suffered due to their injury. For that very reason, courts tend to look at certain factors to try to quantify pain and suffering. These can include some of the following:
- The kind of medical treatment needed: Some victims may only need a boot or cast to stabilize a body part after an injury. Other victims, like those with spine damage, may need surgery to treat their condition effectively. Understandably, recovering from surgery can be substantially more painful and extensive than wearing a brace or a sling for a few weeks.
Additionally, the required treatment for some injuries is often significantly more invasive and painful than the treatment for less serious injuries.
- The type of medications prescribed: Medical providers may prescribe powerful pain-killing medications after an accident-related injury. We can use this as evidence in court, as it proves that the painkillers were medically necessary due to the severe pain inflicted on the victim by the spine injury. We can also bring in medical experts to testify about the amount of pain typically caused when the spinal column is involved.
- The length of time the pain and suffering persisted: The longer the pain and suffering persist, the more a personal injury claim may be worth.
- The effects of an injury: Pain and suffering can also happen because of the effects of an injury. If a trauma or injury leaves a victim with lasting disfigurement or disability, it can create emotional suffering, which is often intense. This intense suffering can also be taken into account when determining the damage reward in a specific case.
Over our many years of serving clients in the Las Vegas area, our Las Vegas, NV spine injury lawyers at Eglet Adams have helped spine injury victims gain the compensation they deserve. Our attorneys offer a sophisticated level of representation and a team approach where each lawyer plays to his or her strengths, leading to success in the courtroom.
We are equipped to represent you and take your spine injury case to trial. Litigation can be difficult and not every firm has the resources to successfully try cases. When you have been hurt and you need someone to fight for you, turn to a firm that is equipped to litigate cases and achieve maximum damages for its clients.
Contact Eglet Adams today for a free initial consultation with a spine injury lawyer in Nevada, to have your individual case assessed for the best course of action.
“A firm who looks out for the best for their clients……will not stop until they get the best settlement.”