Motor Vehicle Wrongful Death Las Vegas, NV
If your family member was the victim of a motor vehicle wrongful death in Las Vegas, NV, your family may be entitled to compensation. Wrongful death refers to the unexpected death of a person caused by another party’s carelessness. A skilled lawyer can help you bring a claim against the negligent party and get justice for your loved one.
Driving Behaviors That Lead to Wrongful Death
All drivers are responsible for exercising caution and keeping everyone around them safe. Unfortunately, however, not all drivers do so. Here are some driving behaviors that can result in fatalities:
- Drunk Driving: Although the dangers of drunk driving are common knowledge now, some drivers still choose to get behind the wheel intoxicated. Alcohol can lower a driver’s judgment and ability to react quickly to situations, increasing the risk of fatal car accidents.
- Distracted Driving: It is critical for drivers to keep their eyes on the road at all times. However, some drivers give into various distractions, like replying to text messages or eating, which can lead to accidents, even fatal ones.
- Speeding: Speeding increases the risk of fatal accidents on the road. Drivers who speed can lose control of their vehicle and may not have enough time to stop for other vehicles.
- Fatigued Driving: Fatigued driving is another cause of motor vehicle wrongful death in Las Vegas, NV. Drivers who are very tired may have difficulty focusing on the road and even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Harsh weather conditions, like heavy rain and snow, can increase the risk of car accidents. Some of these collisions can result in deaths. To reduce the risk of fatal accidents, drivers should be extra cautious during bad weather and drive slower.
Pursuing a Wrongful Death Claim
If your loved one was killed because of a negligent driver, you have the right to pursue a wrongful death claim. A wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can help you collect a wide range of compensation, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical bills
- Lost wages and benefits
- Loss of companionship
During your initial consultation with your lawyer, be prepared to answer several questions about your case, such as how your loved one was killed and how long ago the accident happened.
Schedule a meeting with a lawyer who specializes in motor vehicle wrongful death in Las Vegas, NV at Eglet Adams today.