Defective Drug Wrongful Death Las Vegas, NV
If your family member died after taking a dangerous prescription drug, you have the right to sue for defective drug wrongful death in Las Vegas, NV. Your family may be entitled to compensation. Although nothing can make up for the loss of a loved one, pursuing compensation can alleviate some of the financial burden.
Types of Defective Drug Liability Claims
If your loved one’s death resulted from defective drugs, you may want to pursue a claim. These are the different types of defective drug liability claims:
- Dangerous Side Effects: Drug companies are legally obligated to inform consumers of all the possible side effects of a drug. After learning about all the side effects, consumers can then decide if they still want to take the drug. However, some drug companies neglect to disclose all the side effects or may not even know about all of them. If you believe that your family member was not aware of the dangerous side effects of a drug that killed them, you may have a strong case.
- Defective Manufacturing: When drug companies are negligent during the manufacturing process, it can result in fatalities. For example, a drug could be contaminated with a dangerous chemical during manufacturing or the wrong label might be placed on the drug.
Types of Damages You Can Receive from a Defective Drug Lawsuit
If you’re planning to file a lawsuit for a defective drug wrongful death in Las Vegas, NV, you may be eligible to receive the following damages:
- Medical bills
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Deceased’s lost wages
- Loss of consortium
Why You Should Hire a Wrongful Death Lawyer
Before you pursue a wrongful death case, you should have a skilled lawyer on your side. Here are a few benefits of hiring a wrongful death lawyer in Las Vegas, NV:
- Know the Value of Your Claim: If you don’t have a legal background, you might not know the true value of your wrongful death claim. As a result, you could be taken advantage of by an insurance company. An experienced lawyer, on the other hand, will consider various factors in your case, such as the funeral expenses and lost wages, and determine a fair value.
- Reduce Stress: When you’re grieving the death of a family member, you don’t need the extra stress of handling a lawsuit on your own. That’s why it pays to have a skilled lawyer on your side. He or she will handle all the legwork, allowing you to take care of yourself and your family.
If you want to file a lawsuit for a defective drug wrongful death in Las Vegas, NV, schedule an appointment with a lawyer at Eglet Adams.