If you were injured in a bike accident, you should consult a bike accident lawyer Las Vegas NV residents trust. Getting into a bike accident can result in serious injuries and costly medical bills. You deserve to be compensated for what you’ve been through.
Common Bike Accident Myths
Numerous accidents involving bikes occur every year in the U.S., but there are still many myths about them. Believing these myths can cause some people to miss out on the compensation they deserve. Here are a few common bike accidents myths:
- Most Bike Accidents Are Caused By Bicyclists: Although bicyclists are to blame for some bike accidents, the majority of these accidents are caused by negligent drivers. If drivers are speeding, fatigued, texting or behaving in another negligent way, they are in danger of hitting bicyclists.
- It Is Safer for Bicyclists to Ride on the Sidewalks: Some bicyclists mistakenly believe that it is less hazardous to ride on sidewalks. However, the state of Nevada prohibits bicyclists from riding on sidewalks. Plus, many motorists do not expect bicyclists to ride on the sidewalk and might not keep an eye out for them at intersections.
- Bicyclists Do not Follow the Rules of the Road: Another common misconception a bike accident lawyer in Las Vegas NV hears is that bicyclists disobey traffic laws all the time. The truth is that the majority of bicyclists adhere to the rules of the road, including stopping for red lights and not riding on sidewalks, to prevent accidents.
- Bicyclists Should Ride Facing Traffic: Bicyclists who ride facing traffic are actually at a greater risk of accidents. Instead, they should ride with traffic. This way, they will be more visible to motorists.
- It’s Not Necessary to Wear a Helmet Every Time: Some bicyclists falsely assume that they only need to wear a helmet when they’re riding on a busy street. However, accidents can still happen on residential roads with very little traffic. It is important for bicyclists to wear helmets at all times to reduce the risk of head injuries in the event of an accident.
What to Do If You Were in a Bike Accident
If you were injured in a bike accident caused by a motorist, you may be entitled to compensation. It’s important to speak to a bicycle accident lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents count on about your legal options. A lawyer can help you file a claim in a timely manner, gather evidence, locate witnesses and negotiate with insurance companies. When you have a skilled lawyer on your side, you can feel much better about your situation and have a lot less stress.
If you sustained injuries in a bike accident, you should schedule a free consultation with a bike accident lawyer in Las Vegas NV as soon as possible.