If you suffered injuries from a product you used, you should consult a defective product liability lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents trust. Product manufacturers are responsible for ensuring that their products are safe before releasing them for public use. However, mistakes can still occur during the manufacturing or design phases. Many products, from vehicles to appliances, can be defective and result in severe injuries.
Common Types of Defective Products
When you use everyday products, you likely don’t think that they will hurt you. Unfortunately, many of the products you use on a daily basis may cause injuries. Here are some of the most common products involved in product liability claims:
- Medical Devices: Medical devices are designed to treat various illnesses and injuries. However, if they are manufactured or designed incorrectly, they can result in serious injuries in patients. Many types of medical devices can be dangerous if they have defects, such as implants and surgical tools.
- Vehicles: Many people depend on their vehicles every day to get them to work and other important places. Unfortunately, as a defective product liability lawyer in Las Vegas, NV can confirm, defective auto parts result in many product liability claims. If the brakes, ignition switch or other parts are faulty, they can result in a car accident.
- Contaminated Food: Believe it or not, the food you eat can also cause harm. If your food is contaminated, it could result in food poisoning or even death.
- Appliances: If you’re like many people, you likely use several appliances every day, such as toasters, microwaves and coffee pots. You probably never expect for them to malfunction and cause injuries. However, if these appliances are manufactured or designed improperly, they can cause electrocution, fires and other disasters.
- Children’s Products: Many children’s products, like car seats, toys and swing sets, aren’t immune from defects. The last thing you want is for your child to suffer injuries from using one of these products, but it can happen.
What to Do If You Suffered Injuries from a Defective Product
It’s overwhelming and scary to suffer an injury from a product you assumed was safe. The first thing you need to do is seek medical care. Product defects can result in severe injuries, such as burns, traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord injuries. A doctor will evaluate your injuries and recommend the appropriate treatment. Don’t forget to request copies of your medical records for your records.
It’s also important to consult a product liability lawyer Las Vegas, NV residents count on. Defective products can result in expensive medical bills, and you deserve to be properly compensated. A lawyer can help you gather evidence, negotiate with insurance companies and protect your legal rights.
If you endured injuries from a defective product, you should schedule a consultation with a defective product liability lawyer in Las Vegas, NV.