Personal Injury Lawyer
Protecting your skin by using sunscreen is important when out in the sun. Regardless of whether or not it is the top sunscreen on the market, protecting your skin is vital. Despite this protection, people have reported allergic reactions, potentially caused by the very sunscreen they were using to keep themselves safe. Can a personal injury lawsuit be filed against a sunscreen company if you suffered from an allergic reaction?
Personal Injury Case Liability
As a personal injury lawyer from a firm like Hall Justice Law Firm can explain, it is likely that the company that made your sunscreen is liable for the injuries that you received. It’s also possible that the store that sold the sunscreen to you may also be responsible. A products liability case is the type of personal injury claim you may be entitled to file if the sunscreen gave you an allergic reaction. In order to file a claim there must be four provable factors in play:
- Damage or Losses: You must be able to show that you had an allergic to reaction to the sunscreen and sustained injuries as a result.
- That the duty of care was violated: If the sunscreen company was aware that their product could cause a reaction and did not disclose this information on the label, they potentially have violated the duty of care.
- Proximate Cause of the Accident: This means that your allergic reaction must be the direct result of a violation of the duty of care.
- Duty of Care: When a company sells a product for people to purchase and use, it is their responsibility to disclose any side effects or adverse outcomes from using the product. The produce must be safe for people to use.
Compensation You May Be Entitled To
There are several factors that must be considered when evaluating a sunscreen personal injury lawsuit. This may include:
- Mental and Emotional Suffering
- Medical Expenses
- Lost Wages
- Pain and Suffering
Getting in touch with an experienced personal injury attorney means getting all the information you need about your particular case. The right attorney can walk you through your case and weigh in on the damages you may be entitled to based on the information you provide.
If you have had an allergic reaction to sunscreen, you may make the decision to file a personal injury claim. Consulting with a personal injury lawyer can help. You’ll get a chance to go over the specifics of your case and determining the appropriate next steps. An attorney can help you win some much-needed financial compensation. And most of the time, consulting with a personal injury attorney to discuss your case is free of charge.